All personal information collected and used from the Raw Automotive website at www.rawautomotive.com (the “Website”) will be processed in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
In order to place an advertisement on the Website, you will need to register. You will also be required to supply payment details and your vehicle registration. Registrants are also presented with the option of supplying their mobile number, insurance renewal dates, and the make and model of any cars owned. Credit Card/Paypal information is collected over a secure connection.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
a) We will send your personal information to dealers, vehicle manufacturers and relevant third parties to enable them to provide you with the services and products that you have requested on this website. In certain circumstances, vehicle manufacturers and other relevant third parties may transfer, process and store your personal information outside of the European Economic Area for business and administration purposes.
b) If we are under any duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our terms and conditions and any other agreements we shall.
c) RAWAutomotive.com is part of RAW Autos Ltd, we have taken measures to ensure that information supplied to us is held securely.
In order to conduct a vehicle search on the Auto Trader Website, we will require you to supply a postcode and a selection of identifying criteria matching your chosen vehicle, for example make, model and price.
Information supplied on this Website may be shared with other group companies. When you register with our Website, we ask you whether you would like to receive our email newsletters detailing changes to the Website, offers and services from third party companies via email and/or via post that we feel may be of interest to you. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving all or any of these offers during registration.
On occasions we run promotions in which personal information is collected. We will always ask you if agree to this and advise you if this information may be shared with a third party. You will always be asked to provide your consent to this use by opting in.
We have taken measures to ensure that information supplied to us is held securely. As a consequence – we may occasionally request proof of identity before allowing access to your personal information.
For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies, governmental or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. This will include public authorities, insurance companies, finance companies, automotive advertising companies and/or other agencies. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
You have the right to access all personal information supplied to RAW Automotive and rectify any inaccuracies on the information held. Further inquiries should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amendments and updates to this Policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page so you will always be aware of what information we collect.
Telephone numbers and email addresses supplied as part of a vehicle advertisement will be published within the relevant advertisement for the duration of the booking, to enable a potential buyer to contact the seller.
Your postcode is collected in order to provide a positioning on each vehicle within our database, thereby enabling potential buyers to locate vehicles for sale within a set radius of their chosen location.
Credit card information is used solely for the purpose of payment processing. We retains no record of credit card details.
All details supplied to us with your on-line advertisement will be safeguarded both by this Policy and also by the 1998 Data Protection Act. We will only ever pass your personal details to third parties to enable fulfillment of the advertising package which you have selected. Where advertising packages include additional benefits your agreement to these terms and conditions includes consent for your data to be used by others to provide those benefits, subject always to your being offered the opportunity to opt out of those benefits upon receipt.
Postcodes and vehicle information are collected in order to provide a relevant match of vehicles against a specified search. The inclusion of the postcode enables us to provide the potential buyer with a range of vehicles within a chosen locality, rather than vehicles randomly spread throughout the country.
Email addresses are collected in order to send registrants their chosen password, providing them with online access to their registration details (available within the “My Account” section on the Website). The user can access this information at any time in order to update their details or change the options regarding whether they would like to receive communication from Auto Trader or selected third parties.
Other registration information is collected in order:
1. To generate an overall audience profile of visitors using the Website. This information is then used to assist in developing relevant content on the Website as well as ensuring that automotive trade advertisers looking to reach specific audience groups are encouraged to place their stock or promotions on the Website.
2. To provide our Website visitors with the option to receive our monthly email bulletin, as well as the option to receive email and postal offers from selected third party companies that we believe may be of interest to them. If a visitor has supplied insurance renewal date information and/or vehicle ownership details, it provides us with the potential to better target that visitor with relevant and timely consumer offers by email or post, providing that visitor has opted to receive notification on such offers.
3. To limit access to the full range of fields within the search form in order to maintain an overall faster search facility. By providing limited access to all our search fields, notably free text entry boxes, we are able to limit the impact on the performance of our search engine during periods of intense user activity. Whilst all users gain unhindered access to the key database fields, (such as Make and Model) fields that generate more intensive database processing (such as free text fields), are limited to those users who register.
When you visit our Website we issue a “cookie” file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information. Cookies enable us to: improve the use of our Website; to recognise your computer; to store settings to help facilitate your use of our Website; and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
For further information on cookies or for details on how to delete them or refuse their installation on your computer, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
If your computer is configured to accept cookies we will be able to provide time saving functionality such as:
• the ability to pre-fill the search form with your postcode, thus preventing the need to re-input it each time you need to run a search.
• unhindered access to all the fields within our advanced search settings.
• ready access to an online record on past advertisements you may have placed on the Website.
• access to our E-alert functionality.
Cookies also enable us to better understand what you are interested in based on the pages you visit and the actions you take. This means that the adverts that will be served to you and the emails and offers that you receive from us (if you have consented to these) will be more relevant.
If your computer is cookie enabled we are also able to limit the number of occasions you are exposed to certain display advertisements on our Website (such as banners and pop-up boxes). On most occasions this will mean you never see the same pop-up advertisement more than twice each time you visit the Website.
Please note in order to place an advert you will need to enable cookies in your browser. For details on how to enable cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
1. To enable the delivery of functionality that improves the ease and speed of using the Website (see above).
2. To frequency cap display advertisements, particularly pop-up boxes. By limiting advertisement exposure we provide a more compelling user experience for Website visitors and also ensure that advertisements on the Website are more evenly spread across our user base.
3. To enable us to track the relative demand for different types of vehicles on the Website. Such information enables us to better target advertising at users searching for specific vehicles.
4. To enable us to track the relative popularity of disparate parts of our Website. This in turn enables us to concentrate our efforts on developing those parts of the Website that are generating the greatest consumer demand.
Third Party Cookies
We also use third party cookies on our Website for various purposes, as detailed below:
Automatic Logging of Session Data
We automatically log generic information about your computer and your computer’s connection to the Internet which we call “session data”. Session data consists of things such as device information, IP address, operating system and browser software information, and the activities conducted by you while on our Website. An IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet, such as our web servers, know where to send data back to the user, such as the pages of the Website the user wishes to view. We collect session data because it helps us to analyse such things as what items visitors are likely to click on most, the way visitors are clicking through the Website, how many visitors are surfing to various pages on the Website, how long visitors to the Website are staying and how often they are visiting. It also helps us diagnose problems with our servers and lets us better administer our systems. It is possible to determine from an IP address a visitor’s Internet Service provider (ISP) and the approximate geographical location of his or her point of connectivity. We may also use some session data, such as the pages you have visited on our Website, to send you e-mail messages focused on matters that you may be interested in, unless you have previously opted out of receiving such messages. We also use session data to help prevent fraud and unauthorized use of our Website.
Why are we collecting this information?
Your address: We ask for your address for two reasons:
1. When you have logged onto the Website, your postcode will populate the postcode box on the search form. The search results can be displayed with those closest to your home first, until you choose to sort your search results using different criteria e.g. price.
2. Your address allows us to send you updates on our Website and/or offers from our partners, provided you have opted to receive such notifications.
Your mobile number:
Collecting your mobile number will enable sellers to call you.
Insurance renewal date:
Thanks to our long running associations with the Motor Trade, we often hear about exciting deals on insurance. By providing us with details on your renewal date, we can ensure we target you with the best offers, when they’re most relevant.
If you notice any offensive or unsuitable adverts or content on the Website, please email email@example.com
Terms and conditions: Please note not all prices & stock values are 100% correct due to Covid 19 delays in website updates, physical stock updates & changes in supplier prices and exchange rates. Delivery times may also vary. PayPal payments include a 3.4% fee where applicable.